Dental Orthodontics is the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of problems that relate to the alignment of teeth and jaws. Many people choose orthodontic treatments to improve their smile and a more confident smile is a wonderful bonus to having straight well aligned teeth. The reality is that well aligned teeth bite together better and this improved function leads to long term healthy teeth, after all isn’t that the goal?
Benefits of having orthodontic work to straighten teeth
- A person’s smile is a huge part of first impressions!
- Well aligned teeth last longer!
- When teeth are misaligned they can wear abnormally and excessively. Deep bites, overjets, underbites are all conditions that effect the alignment of the teeth.
- Straight teeth are easier than crowded teeth to clean and this therefore reduces the risk of cavities and gum disease. In some cases, it is actually important to straighten the teeth to effectively treat gum disease and save the teeth.
Mention the word orthodontics and people generally “cringe” at the thought. It isn’t like this anymore. Today there are a number of techniques and approaches we can apply to solve teeth issues:
- Traditional Braces
- Brackets are individually customised and lead to faster and better outcomes
- Braces are available in metal or tooth coloured options
- Lingual braces – These are placed on the inside of the teeth
- Orthodontic aligners – A no braces approach
All of these techniques have their advantages and disadvantages. So how do you make an informed decision on what option, if any, you should be considering?
Braces and any orthodontic treatment at LARA Dental are individually prescribed systems and are customised for each individual tooth and person.
With over 20 years of experience each in the orthodontic field, Dr Charlie Kahwagi, Dr Geoffrey Storey and the team at LARA dental have extensive knowledge in all of these appliances and therefore can guide you as to which is the best approach for your individual needs. Together they have treated thousands of cases and continually achieve excellent results. If you are considering orthodontics or would like a second opinion, then a consultation will assist to clarify your treatment options.
Additional benefits of Orthodontic treatment at LARA dental
Dr Charlie Kahwagi and Dr Geoffrey Storey have vast experience in all disciplines of dental care, such as crown and bridge, implants, endodontic, periodontic and general dentistry and with their highly skilled auxillary staff including associate dentists, dental hygienists and dental therapists, your complete dental care is formulated and administered in the one office. This is especially important when orthodontics is only part of a greater and more complex overall treatment plan.
Orthodontics at LARA dental is a unique experience. Confidentiality and comfort is of the utmost importance to our patients. For this reason our treatment rooms are organised so your orthodontic visits are not shared with multiple other patients as is often the case in other clinics. Orthodontics is a passion for Dr Charlie Kahwagi and Dr Geoffrey Storey and they regularly attend international seminars to be at the forefront of new breakthroughs.
Dr Charlie Kahwagi and Dr Geoffrey Storey have been at the forefront of orthodontic developments:
- Internationally proven “treatment-outcome” prediction systems have been in use for over 10 years
- “Individually Prescribed” appliance prescriptions
These are only just becoming more widely used in the Australian orthodontic community but have been in use for over seven years at LARA dental!